Monday 23 March 2015

23 March 12 year refelection

Well, twelve years ago today I was in a huge amount of pain. Labour pain that is. My youngest son was born at 1.25 in the afternoon, in the same room and with the same mid-wife as my first child. It is crazy to think how quickly time has gone. 

12 years ago I was just dabbling in writing, just doing it for personal pleasure. I was unemployed full time solo mum. My mother would have been dead two years. And I felt all alone in the big bad world. My oldest boy would have only been 1 and a half years old, and still in nappies.



Since then my two boys have grown into fantastic young men in training, and I have 1 novel, 1 collection of short stories, and  1 novella published. Oh and also my father died as well.

I am currently working on three novels, studying part time, raising my boys, the three cats and the bunny. I have a part time job, and I am slowly building my fan base. 

It would be nice to think that in the next twelve years my boys become self-sufficient, my writing starts to pay me a small weekly wage, and I have a tonne more novels written.

Here's to the next 12 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment