Wednesday 15 April 2015

Here comes the cooler weather!

I can not believe that it is the middle of April already. Time is going so very quickly. Already the cooler weather is on us, and in some parts of New Zealand there is already snow. Does the fact that it is already cold, mean that it is going to be a long cold winter? 

As some of you may know, I do not have my licence to drive a car yet, that means I walk everywhere. It can become interesting when the weather is miserable outside. But this winter I have an attack plan: I will use the woolly hat my good friend in Australia sent me, that she loomed. The arm warmers that I crocheted, and I am going to crochet some full covered finger mittens as well. Also I am working on a scarf pattern as well. I have also just bought a heavy duty umbrella, that will hopefully last longer than normal standard umbrellas.

Other ways I stay warm when walk, take my mind off the weather by listening to music. Wearing warm insulated coats. Spraying my shoes with this spray that helps them be water resistant. Rotating the shoes that I wear, so that I am not wearing the same shoes, two days in a row.

Least of all wearing layers. Many, many layers!

Happy reading, and enjoy your escape from reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment