Friday 16 May 2014

Heartbreak Notes Book 2 underway

I am so happy, this week my writing muse has come back with a vengeance, I am already 10,451 and I only started on Monday. This is more than I have written in the last three months. At this stage I can't tell you too much about it. But I can say that it is about Jackson, who is Casper's best friend (Casper is from Heartbreak Guitar). And Angela, who is Xoe's new keyboardist.


This story is going so well that I hope to have the first draft written by the end of the weekend, it is currently Friday here in New Zealand. I am very confident that I can make this happen. And then next week unfortunately, I will only be able to focus a little on my writing, as I have to start preparing for my final assignment, for my last paper, in my second degree. But I am adamant that I will write a little each day. But even if I don't, at least I will have the first draft done.

The second draft will be all about adding detail, filling out where I have made the briefest of statements about what will happen in that segment. Also in the second part I will break the manuscript up into chapters. This is the draft where I will double the word count.

The third draft will simply be about making sure the story flows and it all makes sense. I am guessing it will be this draft that the novel finally gets a title. Well I am hopping so anyway. Because it can not be published with out a title, and I can't have it be known as Heartbreak Notes 2 forever, now can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment